Mr. Tye's Year 3 Newspaper Class

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bi-Weekly assignments go on this forum!

+16
Selena class2
Katherine2
Elaine2
Jenny 2
Joy
Hillary
Susan2
Annie 2
April
Cindy#2
Amy2
Tina2
Rose class2
Alice class2
Flora
Mr. Tye
20 posters

Week 1/2 Assignments

Mr. Tye
    Mr. Tye
    Admin

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty Week 1/2 Assignments

Post  Mr. Tye Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:13 pm

This week, I want you to register an account, post your English name, and submit an article and summary like my example in the first post of this forum!

REPLY TO MY POST FOR YOUR ASSIGNMENT!

DUE DATE FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT: SEPTEMBER 4th!
    Mr. Tye
    Mr. Tye
    Admin

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty Mr. Tye

Post  Mr. Tye Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:24 pm

Here is my example

Name goes here : Mr. Tye

Link goes here : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14597550

Your ideas/summary goes here :

On August 11, an act of senseless violence occurred at an American university, that may have damaged the athletic diplomacy between the two nations of China, and America.

Previous incidents of violence by Chinese basketball teams playing overseas teams + rampant sports corruption in China + the need for a Chinese victory at any cost = trouble. A post game analyses revealed that the Chinese referee blew the whistle for a foul at American players 3 times more often for the same type of infraction.

Whether or not this gives light to how things are run in China, the fundamental idea that sports link our world together seems to be untrue. The way sports are viewed in communist societies are that of pure competition. If the team loses, the country loses face. In individualistic societies, like America, a team loss does not signify the loss of the nation.

I think that this unfortunate mishap is no way to smooth out Chinese and American relations. At this point, it doesn't matter who did what, but a brawl like this cannot be tolerated in this day and age of strengthening China-USA ties.
    Flora

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty Flora

Post  Flora Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:21 pm

Name:Flora
    News Link:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14771936
    Summary:
    On 2 September 2011,US authorities are to sue 17 major banks for losses on mortgage-backed investments that cost taxpayers tens of billions of dollars.
    The FHFA oversees Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.They lost more than $30bn, but they were bailed out by the US government.After that the taxpayers should spent more than $140bnb to make the bank work smoothly.It can't deal by firm or individuals.
    RBS said they have substantial and credible way to defend.Many major banks were negotiating with the attorneys to settle mortgage abuses in US.They were thinking a perfect way to solve this problem.
    This news shows US can change it way to deal the problem in different suitations.The government and all the banks should work together.
    Alice class2

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty Alice

Post  Alice class2 Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:46 am

Alice
    link:http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/sports/2011-09/04/content_13612844.htm
    On September 3, Jamaica’s Usain Bolt powered his way to a gold medal in the 200m.He finished in 19.40 seconds,the fourth-fastest time in history.
    As the last 100 meters false start ,many people suspectde him.But it didn’t effect him. When everybody asked him about the false start event,he said “I feel good,I’m still the best .“And that false start was no particular reason,he just made a mistake.The fact , on the final competition,Bolt’s first start was the last one,just 0.193seconds.He was the last one before every body else starts after gunshot. However,Bolt still ran the best result in 19.40seconds and there was on doubt to win.
    I think the strength is really terrible,Bolt is the first superstar in the Track and Field.The key of his success are his telant, hardworking and a good attitude.
    http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/sports/2011-09/04/content_13612844.htm
    Rose class2

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty Rose

Post  Rose class2 Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:10 am

Rose
    link:http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/09/03/us-apple-iphone5-police-idUSTRE7820FG20110903
    San Francisco police said on September 2nd they had helped Apple Inc security search for a "lost item," following a week of reports that a prototype of the newest iPhone had gone missing in July.
    Officers did not say exactly what Apple had lost, but they left a clue -- the San Francisco Police Department's Friday press release about the hunt was called "iphone5.doc," an apparent reference to a new version of the mobile phone that tech industry watchers expect to be released soon.
    SF Weekly quoted a 22-year-old man who described himself as the resident of the searched house as saying the group identified themselves as police and that none had said they were working for Apple. They had traced the phone to the house using satellite positioning software on the device but did not find anything in the house, he said he was told.
    Before they left the house,the Apple said they were willing to buy the prototype of iphone5,but he didn’t respond it.
    Now,Apple was crazy for finding it,but Apple declined to comment on the matter.
    I think if the iphone5 is released by other company,the company will get lots of money,but meawhile it will be accused by Apple.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/09/03/us-apple-iphone5-police-idUSTRE7820FG20110903
    Tina2

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty tina2

Post  Tina2 Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:02 pm

Name: Tina2
    Link: http://sports.qq.com/a/20110829/000898.htm
    The BeiJing time of August 29th evening in 2011,the Korea Athletics World Championships in Daegu was starting,many people paid more attention on the final of men's 110 meter hurdles, China's athlete Liuxiang was so pity when he ran in the last column ,he was beaten by Robles, so he lost his gravity and it led him to lose the best chance to get the frist place.Then he crossed the finish line in 13 seconds to 27 .Cuba’s Robles used 13 seconds to 14 hit finish line .The United States Richardson used 13 seconds to 16.
    Later, the referee decided, Robles fouled and deprived the gold medal,the United States Richardson won the championship .The victim Liu Xiang was winning the second place.
    In this World Championship, LiuXiang got 1 gold, 2 silvers .1 copper. Roble's fouled to make LiuXiang lose the chance to get the frist place in this World Championship.
    What a pity to him , I hope it doesn't influenced him .
    Amy2

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty Amy

Post  Amy2 Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:51 pm

Amy
    link:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-14141174
    Friday 15 July is a big day for Harry Potter fans with the latest and final film being released to audiences around the world. The eight-strong film series began in 2001 and the films, like the books, have touched millions of people around the globe.
    The Harry Potter film series is based on the Harry Potter novels by J. K. Rowling. The series consists of eight fantasy film[。beginning with Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (2001) and culminating with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2(2011)。
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, the seventh and final novel in the series, is split into two feature-length parts. Part 1 was released in November 2010 and Part 2 was released on 15 July 2011.
    All my friends like Harry Potter . Moreover ,we grow up with Harry Potter.
    these films give us most wonderful memories.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-14141174
    Cindy#2

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty Cindy#2

Post  Cindy#2 Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:39 pm

Cindy on Thursday Sep.8.2011
    Name:Cindy
    Link:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14789012
    The newws is about how to make your college days count.It says that many students think good grades at university equals good jobs.Howver,it is not true because employers will not only look at your grades. They pay more attention to your ability and experience. The article gives some advice.For example,mastering skills,studying another language or taking a year abroad.Studying a term or two in economic department if your university has such department. All these can help us increase our experience.And it will improve your prospects after graduation. Finally, do not forget to enjoy yourself because it is also very important to you. Maybe doing these things will be tired but it is valuable.
    In my opinion, I totally agree what it says.Perhaps we need not to do all the things which are refered to above. But we shoud try to take part in all kinds of activities instead of learning all day at university. In a word, work hard, play hard.In the end,we can achieve a lot.[url][/url]
    April

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty Re: Week 1/2 Assignments

Post  April Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:48 pm

Name:April

Link goes here:http://www.voanews.com/english/news/asia/Twin-Suicide-Bomb-Blasts-Kill-19-in-SW-Pakistan-129359583.html

According to the news report I know a tragedy happend in Pakistan on Sep.7 2011.It is said that a pair of suicide bomb attacks trageting the house of a top Pakistan security officer Wednesday,that killed at least 22 people including the officer'wife.Police said the first attacker detonated his vehicle outside the residence of the deputy head of Pakistan's paramilitary Frontier Corps in the southwestern city of Quetta.After that blast,a second bomber on foot stormed the officer's house and detonated his explosives.The house was badly damaged in the attack and the blasts wounded more than 60 people.
    I try to figure out the fact of this event ,but I find it is too complicated to understand. However,when I heard this news I feel very sad though I am not the people who live in that country.I can still imagin the bitterness,sadness and hopelessness that the war brought them.I dare to say nobody wants to live in a country that is full of hurt ,tears and deaths.I wish all of us can unit together no matter which country we live in and what religious we believe in.
    Can we?

Annie 2

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty Annie class 2

Post  Annie 2 Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:47 pm

http://usa.chinadaily.com.cn/us/2011-09/09/content_13656139.htm
    The BeiJing time of September 8th evening in 2011,The USA president Barack obama launched his widely expected new job plan at a joint session of the Congress to stimulate recovery and strengthen the country's struggling employment situation.The 447-billion-dollar plan, which is called the American Jobs Act, is the third major stimulus package.It will provide a tax break for companies who hire new workers, and it will cut payroll taxes in half for every working American and every small business," he noted, urging legislators "You should pass this jobs plan right away,Tonight we meet at an urgent time for our country," Obama said to the legislators. "We continue to face an economic crisis that has left millions of our neighbors jobless, and a political crisis that has made things worse.he thinks,this plan will provided more jobs for the citizens...
    When I saw this piece of news,I have some questions.I have no idea, does America really need such huge stimulating plan?In my personal opinion,this plan will increase the debt of the government undoubtfully,It is difficult to achieve the goal,and ignore this,where does these money came from? American government had to raise funds by borrowing.and his stimulating plan are so small,the part of reasons is political restrictions,the debt is piling up,obama will pay such huge amount of money to stimulate the weak economy,It's not clear if these money will worked,talk easy!and this plan looks great on the surface,but the question is whether it will worked? who may ever know? (just opinions,NO offense)
    Susan2

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty Susan2

Post  Susan2 Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:45 pm

Susan2
    Current weather forecasts for New York are for a possible rainy start to the 9/11 weekend. But for those who remember the morning of September 11, 2001, inclement weather might come as a welcome antidote to flashbacks of the glorious blue skies that brightened the city on a day that was about to become one of America's darkest. Whatever the weather, the 10th anniversary of the terror attacks that killed 2,977 will be a time of US national and international reflection.In the 10 years since the attacks, the world has also changed immeasurably. American-led forces ousted the Taliban government in Afghanistan and ended Saddam Hussein's reign in Iraq. I think we should know about that the ongoing wars recalibrated global geopolitics, with nations like Turkey and Pakistan taking on new strategic roles.

Ceremonies marking the 10th anniversary might resurrect some of the post-attack trauma they felt a decade ago, but for most the pain will pass quickly.

Hillary

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty Hillary Class2

Post  Hillary Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:19 am

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/bizchina/greenchina/2011-09/02/content_13605120.htm
    Hillary
    2011-9-11,Sinohydro bidding for Ecuador power deal . BEIJING - Sinohydro Corp Ltd is bidding for a $200 million hydropower station in Ecuador, participating in the South American country's drive to develop clean technologies . The station could become another major construction project for the group, one of China's major builders, in Ecuador . This will be the largest infrastructure project ever in Ecuador . It is benefit for us to have a better understanding of Ecuador's market now . In addition , contracts for some projects have already been signed, while some are still being negotiated . Few of Chinese staff can speak Spanish. The laws are also difficult at the beginning. It is necessary for us to adapt to the local environment in the market . In my opinion ,we all know that Latin American markets and Chinese companies should be ware of potential challenges. But Latin American countries are one of the most important markets for us, We should grasp this opportunity to develop our country and make the green companies.
    Joy

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty Joy

Post  Joy Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:20 pm

Joy
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14876950
    On September 11 US Presient Barack Obama made a speech at the Kennedy center in Washington .Mr.Obama has told Americans they should honour those who died in the 9/11 attacks,but look to the future with "hearts full of hope".
    After read this news I recall those people who died in the war.War is cool just as Obama said"although their contribution to the country is full of glory,but the war itself is never glory"I hope Obama can keep his promise and I also hope there is no war in all over the world.And the future will turely full of hope.
    Jenny 2

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty Jenny

Post  Jenny 2 Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:03 pm

Jenny
    On 13 September 2011 ,a bus and two trains were crashed in Argentina's capital Buenos Aires. It is said that at least 6 people were dead and 100 people were injured in this accident.The reason induced the accident is still unclear but the witness have seen a whole process when the accident happened.Meanwhile,firefighters are trying to find the truth.
    The same thing has happened in China on 23 July 2011.This accident killed more than 35 people.The loss is serious.There has many people lose their relatives .It's a tragedy!
    It is said that more than100000 people were killed by accident in China.It's a big and terrible number.So what the government should do to stop this accident to happend?And what should we do?Maybe the government should think it seriously and improve the traffic regulation to protect more people.For ourselves we should obey the traffic regulation and make sure you are safe.Because you have only one life.http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-14900399
    Elaine2

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty Elaine

Post  Elaine2 Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:47 pm

Name: Elaine

Link:http://www.yyyyw.com/xinwen/201108/102707.html

Assignment:As we all known, the east China's train crash happened in July 23rd.
    Many people is caring about a girl whose name is Xiang Weiyi.She is only two-and-a-half-year-old and her parents were all died in the accident.The little girl was the last survivor in the accident but hurt very hardly.
    The accident makes us think a lot of things. First,when the accident happeneed,we didn't take Appropriate measures in time.So many people died in the accident.Sennd,the High-speed rail isn't very safe.The didn;t think some emergency measures carefully.
    These are some points.Many people argueed in the accident.Some of them feel sad about some measures which our government were taken.And some people think our government does their best.I think,the most important thing is we should learn a lot of things from this accident .
    Joy

Post  Joy Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:07 pm

Joy wrote:Joy
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14876950
    On September 11 US Presient Barack Obama made a speech at the Kennedy center in Washington .Mr.Obama has told Americans they should honour those who died in the 9/11 attacks,but look to the future with "hearts full of hope".
    After read this news I recall those people who died in the war.War is cool just as Obama said"although their contribution to the country is full of glory,but the war itself is never glory"I hope Obama can keep his promise and I also hope there is no war in all over the world.And the future will turely full of hope.We can not adviod the nature disasters,but we can try our best to advoid the war.9/11 is not only recall our memory but also told us the important of peace.
    Katherine2

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty Katherine

Post  Katherine2 Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:39 pm

Katherine
    Wednesday Sept.14,2011
    http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2011-09/09/content_13654274.htm

Wu was the loveliest people in my mind,so tough and so kind.I think she shouldn't have felt sorry to her daughter,because through her behavior I can see how deep she loved her daughter,so I dare say she must give all she could to her daughter.And her daughter must feel quite proud of her.
    The other thing touched me most was those volunteers,they were really attentive to those patients,and made them felt much better in their last few days.I think that's the most important thing.
    With facing the death,I hope everybody can as brave as her.
    Best wishes!
    Selena class2

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty Lack of Jobs for Young Workers Spells 2012 Trouble for Obama

Post  Selena class2 Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:06 pm

Name:Selena class2
    News Link:http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/Ken-Walshs-Washington/2011/09/02/lack-of-jobs-for-young-workers-spells-2012-trouble-for-obama-
    Summary: The monthly unemployment rate remained unchanged at 9.1 percent in August.What is of special concern to Democratic strategists is that young workers, aged 18 to 24, have an unemployment rate of 16.4 percent while many more are under-employed.
    Young people were a core constituency for Obama in 2008 and if their support falls off significantly, it will be a serious blow to his re-election prospects. The availability of jobs is a key factor in determining that support, political strategists of both major parties agree.
    Abraham said that Obama will offer "series of additional bipartisan steps" in his speech next week to improve the economy and create jobs
    Emma2

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty Emma

Post  Emma2 Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:14 pm

http://pic.news.sohu.com/group-291463.shtml#0
    It's reported that there had a big snow in Gansu Province on September nineteens.And according to preliminary statistics shows that more than Two hundred and thirty thousands acres of the land suffered badly economic loss.And the goverment state it was the biggest snow near the sixty years.
    And I think the odd weather can own to the environmental pollution and the air pollution.The big snow will had a bad effect on people's life.
    Susan2

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty Obama: Middle East peace cannot be imposed

Post  Susan2 Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:18 pm

US President Barack Obama speaks during his meeting with Israel's Prime
    Susan2
    http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/world/2011-09/22/content_13765223.htm
    Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the United Nations in New York Sept 21, 2011. Netanyahu said Wednesday that direct negotiation was the only way to achieve a stable Middle East peace and the Palestinian effort to secure UNrecognition of statehood "will not succeed."but Obama told Israeli Prime MinisterBenjamin Netanyahu on Wednesday that peace cannot be imposed but has to be negotiated between the Israelis and the Palestinians.The Obama administration is making last-ditch efforts to stop the Palestinians' bid for statehood at the UN Security Council, calling the unilateral move "unproductive," while Israel said it would bring about grave consequences. The US has threatened to veto any Palestinian move.In my opinion,mayby because of America is a most powerful country in the world ,the presient of obama'idea will agreed by many people ,even though the decide infringe other people's rights .but the only thing may be I Can do is give them sympathy and support which from my heart!

Fiona

Post  Fiona Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:28 pm

Name:Fiona
    Link:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-15018174
    With using a new X-ray technique,Francisco de Goya's unfinished work was discovered underneath Goya's Portrait Of Don Ramon Satue, the Rijksmuseum says the Spanish master may have covered up the portrait for political reasons.
    Everyone has his reason to hide something,let alone famous people.We should respect others' private.Whatever,X-ray marks the development of our society,it can be used in different field.
    Sophie 2

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty 5.8 magnitude earthquake in Guatemala

Post  Sophie 2 Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:01 pm

Name:Sophie 2
    Link:http://www.tingvoa.com/html/20110920/54179.html
    Summary:
    On Monday Sept.19,after a 5.8-magnitude earthquake happened in central American country near the city of Cuilapa,at least three people died in Guatemala ,which leads a lot of damages to America.For example,the earthquake led a number of mudslides in the highlands and the main Pan American highway was blocked by landslides ,the worst damage was reported that in Santa Rosa ,at least one woman died and three people missed.It is said that the school has closed to find survivors unaccounted for.
    Earthquake is natural disaster,we can't avoid it ,but we can learn more knowleges about it to protect ourselves better when it coming .
    Mary

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty Mary

Post  Mary Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:52 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-15023711
    Mary
    New virus discover

Edinburgh and Cambridge scientists find the reason how some virus influence both humankinds and animals, and maybe it could predict the next virus in the future
    Scientists try to find virus like bird flu, how it inflected other species like humans. It is said that it is easy to infected species that has quite close relationship to them. However, the research also told that when diseases start to develop around people, it also easy to affect easily to the new victim, than those who are thought highly comfier to the original target species. And thus they can predict the appearance of new diseases in the future."
    Mary

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty Kelly2

Post  Mary Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:54 pm

http://www.kekenet.com/broadcast/201108/148550.shtml
    Kelly2
    Riots in London

Riots have broken out in London for a third continuous day, it happend in daytime. Central Hackney, in the east, was blockaded as youths armed with baseball bats smashed shop windows and threw missiles to the police officers. In the southeast, a fire in a shop in Peckham spread to nearby apartments; cars were also set fire. In the east of the city, as well as Lewisham and Peckham, in the south. And the UK's second city of Birmingham is being targeted with youths smashing shopping centre windows there. I hope there has no outlows and the world will be safe in everywhere .
    Mary

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty Hellen

Post  Mary Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:18 pm

http://games.sina.com.cn/o/n/2011-09-19/1553531950.shtml
    Hellen
    9.18 Event

On September 18, In order to honour an Chinese history event. every city of China simultaneously calls the police pulls the loud air defense warning, the unprecedented scale, expresses do not forget the national humiliation together , remembers the War's between China and Japen aspiration. We called it 9 18 . 80 years later, when the warning pulls the sound once more in hundred urban sky, symbolizes that the Chinese remembers the history, will not forget the national humiliation, the caution future.
    It shows the behavior of Chinese to deeply love the motherland to be loyal to the motherland ,and tell Chinese does not forget the national humiliation to continue to go forward .We should believe our country will be stronger and stronger.

We will continue to insist .

Hellen class2
    http://games.sina.com.cn/o/n/2011-09-19/1553531950.shtml

In India,there’s a earthquake happened on September 18 in the evening ,the epicenter located at the Indian Sikkim nation, is away from Yadong County the approximately 40 kilometers.
    In Indian Ximengjialabang, many building damages including a 65 year historical temple .
    Because after the earthquake ,the most serious one ahieves 6.1 level. many people do not dare to stay in the room, run to the street to evade temporarily. Parts of the electric power has damanged. Indian Premier Singer holds the conference to discuss the revolutions to agaist disaster in the evening, the army take part in the emergency aid
    The air police send out 5 airplanes to assist to rescue.

This is northeast India’s the most serious earthquake for 51 years.
    Because some parts of r area position is remote,because of the landslide, the path to there are blocked, lived in the suburb person had still not connect with, did did not know the breken scale still .

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:47 pm