Mr. Tye's Year 3 Newspaper Class

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bi-Weekly assignments go on this forum!

+13
Helen class1
Nancy
Vivian
Alice 1
Hillary class1
Skyley
julia1
cindy class1
Cherry
Jody*
Sherry
Lolana_
Mr. Tye
17 posters

Week 1/2 Assignments

Mr. Tye
    Mr. Tye
    Admin

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty Week 1/2 Assignments

Post  Mr. Tye Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:11 pm

This week, I want you to register an account, post your English name, and submit an article and summary like my example in the first post of this forum!

REPLY TO MY POST FOR YOUR ASSIGNMENT!

DUE DATE FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT: SEPTEMBER 4th! cyclops
    Mr. Tye
    Mr. Tye
    Admin

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty Mr. Tye

Post  Mr. Tye Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:22 pm

Here is my example

Name goes here : Mr. Tye

Link goes here : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14597550

Your ideas/summary goes here :

On August 11, an act of senseless violence occurred at an American university, that may have damaged the athletic diplomacy between the two nations of China, and America.

Previous incidents of violence by Chinese basketball teams playing overseas teams + rampant sports corruption in China + the need for a Chinese victory at any cost = trouble. A post game analyses revealed that the Chinese referee blew the whistle for a foul at American players 3 times more often for the same type of infraction.

Whether or not this gives light to how things are run in China, the fundamental idea that sports link our world together seems to be untrue. The way sports are viewed in communist societies are that of pure competition. If the team loses, the country loses face. In individualistic societies, like America, a team loss does not signify the loss of the nation.

I think that this unfortunate mishap is no way to smooth out Chinese and American relations. At this point, it doesn't matter who did what, but a brawl like this cannot be tolerated in this day and age of strengthening China-USA ties.
    Lolana_

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty Lolana

Post  Lolana_ Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:07 pm

Lolana

http://www.economist.com/node/21526905

Presidential campaigns are too long and more expensive now.The entire House of Representatives are too busy because they had to face the voters every two years.

To short the campaign have advantages.Politicians could spend less time on useless things such as pretending to be admiring for babies,and they can have more time on governing.Because the politicians spend a lot of time doing things have no use,the voters may make unwise choices.

They curry favour with all-important independent voters and seem say much but do less.The person to be president should do something good for the residents and the nation,not just for the campaign.
    Sherry

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty Sherry

Post  Sherry Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:49 pm

Sherry
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/athletics/14775036.stm
    He won in 19.40 seconds. Water Dix, the owner of the silver won in 19.70 seconds. Christophe Lemaitre destroying his personal best to take bronze in 19.80 seconds.
    As the Chinese saying goes, don't do best, just does better. They all did better. Before they win, they went a long way, they did hard work. Sometimes they will be hurt, but they must stand up and continue their training! If they win, all the people in their country will proud of him, but if they lose, maybe they will lose their heart, they will full of stress!
    So let's pray for them. Be easy, Be happy!
    Jody*

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty Jody

Post  Jody* Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:28 pm

Link: http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2011-09/05/content_13622984.htm
    One of the china most respectful English teachers, Li Yang, has been accused of beating his wife!

Li Yang is the creator of Crazy English, he famous for teaching and learning English in his own way. He told English learners to love losing face when study English.

Recently, there is a women posted some injured photos of her body (we can’t see her face clearly), this women named Linahua’s mom. so the people on internet guess that she must be Li Yang’s American wife Kim Lee, because Li Yang has three children:Li Li,Li Na and Li Hua, and there are also some ironic words point to Li Yang ,one read:” I enjoy losing face equals I enjoying hitting my wife's face?”Another "Li Yang, you need help. Domestic violence is a serious problem. Your children need their father. I don't know what to do." There also some words are writing in English. Li Yang has not given any response so far.

Anyway, we don’t know if this news is true. If it is true, I will feel very disappoint, so this can be a big trouble for Li Yang, because he is a educationist, what he did can bring some influence to his students. I still admire his spirit of learning English. Hoping it’s just a rumor!
    Cherry

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty Japan Parliament Confirms Noda as Prime Minister

Post  Cherry Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:21 pm

Name:Cherry ,class 1

Link:http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111904332804576539532221029672.html

My ideas/summary:

Recently,Japan facing the president change.Through the vote,Yoshihiko Noda was
    confirmed by parliament Tuesday as the nation's six prime minister in five years.

After a divisive leadership election, Mr. Noda's appointment of ministers and party executives will be closely watched to see if the new leader can incorporate former rivals in his camp.

I think Japan's political very unstable,Always change the prime minister.Political instability will result in economic instability.If you want the economic develop well must have the stable government.

Now,the world economic was not well.Most of the country facing the economic crisis. How to develop the Japan's economic is very important problem to Noda.

(Mr.Tye:This is my first week homework,I don't know whether I use this right. confused It's difficult to use this scratch
    cindy class1

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty Madonna royal biopic receives mixed reviews at Venice

Post  cindy class1 Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:46 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-14744216

Madonna’ film W.E. is about the divorce of Wallis Simpson and Edward VIII, and the film have received a lot attention and comments.
    The daily telegraph think it was better than they expected and not for fun.
    But the Guardian thinks it is a silly work, the Screen Daily think highly of it, regards it as a “beautifully staged film”. Some people think it is very common to receive such more attention when you become a celebrity. Madonna also said that her ex-husband gave her some encourages.
    At first, she is worried about the pre-empted of the King’speech, but she think it will attract people. And she thinks it is a successful film.
    julia1

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty julia 1

Post  julia1 Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:57 pm

name:julia class 1
    link:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14816492
    The bomb happened near the India High Court,It killed 10 people and ijured at least 61 people .The explosion happened in an area where many people were gathered.The terrorist organisation lead it.
    There are always some attacks,many inocent people injures even lose their lives .Life is valuable ,but our lives always be threatened by the matters which are irrelevant with us.
    I just hope the government can take measures to protect people's life. They should be responsible for their security.
    Skyley

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty Re: Week 1/2 Assignments

Post  Skyley Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:03 pm

Name:skyley
    Link:http://news.yahoo.com/china-offered-kadafi-weapons-report-032331805.html
    Summary:China has his owe position.
    There is a stupid rumour in these day.It is said that"China sold the mumition for Muammar Gaddafi".Every Chinese think of that the rumour is very funny.China is impossibitily to choose this time and sell munitions to Libyan.So Chinese government has denied it on Sep 5th.
    During these days,the rumour has been spresded to the winds in the world.So Chinese Foreign Ministry has held a pess conference to announce the case is just a rumour.The Foreign Ministry spokesman said that Muammar Gaddafi send some person to meet some Chinese corporates,but our government departments is unwitting it any mane,and we did not sign the troops contract any more,and we did not export the military item any more.
    In June,we know that the situation and policy in Libyan is very severe.China,absolutely can't sell weapon to Libyan.So Cjinese government affirms that the rumour about Muammar Gaddafi China from The Associated Press is very funny,the rumour about"China admited that we have held a talk with Gaddafi"from British Broadcasting is very ludicrous,the rumour about"They have found the file in the garbage can in Tripoli between China and Libya"from the Globe and Mail is very stupid and even the rumour about "China has plevyed the role of the Chameleon in the war"from Frankfurtam.Main is very flimflam.We want to know who will throw the important file in the bin?Who can play a right role in this situation?
    China has his own position about Libyan,and we will not change our position.The Chinese Government never sell the munition to Muammar Gaddafi or to Libya during this time.
    Jody*

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty Willa class1

Post  Jody* Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:10 pm

North Africa August 27, 2011Health Crisis Grips Tripoli as Fighting Drags On
    http://www.voanews.com/english/news/africa/north/Health-Crisis-Grips-Tripoli-as-Fighting-Drags-On--128539518.html
    Gun battles are only part of the health crisis emerging in Libya’s capital, a city of one-and-a-half million people without running water.
    Central Tripoli’s Zawiya Hospital has modern equipment. It lacks basics, though, such as running water and doctors.
    From New York, U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon is launching a worldwide appeal for aid to Libya.

"Most immediately, we have asked for urgent humanitarianassistance, particularly as it relates to medical aid and basic public services, including water and sanitation and education,” said Ban.

Meanwhile, back in this sweltering hospital in downtown Tripoli, there is no water to spare to mop blood off the floors.
    Hillary class1

Post  Hillary class1 Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:24 pm

http://www.kekenet.com/broadcast/BBC/Index.shtml
    The school year has just started and children across the UK have to wake up bright and early to go to school. But. Monkseaton High School has been allowing its pupils to come into school an hour later than other schools.
    On my opinion,it a good idea.There are mang advantages.Firstly,it can help students pan more attention in class.Secondly,they can have a good rest,the enough sleeping is very important for yong people.As a college student,I always feel so tired that l can not follow the teachers.
    teenagers don't function very well in the morning and their need to sleep is biological. It seems that this novel approach to teaching shows positive results.
    If my school can take this measure,I will very happ
    Alice 1

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty Alice Class one

Post  Alice 1 Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:44 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14863085
    On 10 September 2011 Floods worsen in eastern US after Tropical Storm Lee
    The Susquehanna River has reached record levels in Pennsylvania and New York, swollen by torrential rainfall from Tropical Storm Lee.
    The president declared a state of emergency in both states, bringing federal aid to affected areas.
    Lee is the 12th named storm of the Atlantic hurricane season.It is hitting the United States just a week after deadly Hurricane Irene ravaged the nation's east coast. Forecasters are also monitoring Hurricane Katia, which regained hurricane status in the Atlantic on Friday, but is not currently a threat to any land area. Experts predicted an active hurricane season this year, and Feltgen says conditions are right on target.
    Flash flood warnings have been issued from Maryland to southern New England.
    The storm has threaten many places in us.I think it influence people daily life and the traffic can not work .The storm has threaten people'life.In that situation people must
    get together and come across the difficulties.
    The most important is we must protect the environment to reduce the suffering coming.It is our duty.
    Vivian

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty Vivian

Post  Vivian Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:41 pm

Vivian

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-14776709

The local time on September 2,the casa-212 turporop plane which is from Chilean military crashed in the Pacific Ocean.There are 21 people on the plane.Those on board included one of Chile's leading TV personalities.

So far,rescue workers have found four of the victims.Other people are still missing.The plane was lost after tring to land in poor weather.

I'm very sorry to hear this news.We always can't avoid a lot of the accident happening.Through the news,I think cheak the plane before set out and konw the weather situation early is necessary.Life is the most precious.I hope to see some positive results from the rescue attempts.
    Nancy

Post  Nancy Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:07 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14842999
    Drunk Swsdish elk found in apple tree near Gothenburg

Per Johansson,from Saro near Gothenburg found the elk making a roaring noise in the garden next door.The homeowner got a shock when he found a drunken elk stuck in his neighbour's apple tree .The elk was apparently searching for fermenting apples when she got stuck.
    The homeowner called the emergencyservices,who helped him free the boozed-up beast by sawing off branches and spent the night recovering in the garden.
    It is very often to see elk in North American.Mr Johansson said the elk qppeared to be sick ,drunk or "half-stupid".
    Helen class1

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty Helen

Post  Helen class1 Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:49 pm

Helen
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14793919
    Barack Obama gets together with Detroit crowds on jobs on Labor Day. He appeals his rivals to support his plans for job creation. And workers are ready for the new jobs.
    For the US economy is unstable recently, with no new jobs created in August president Obama are going to give speech to a joint session of Congress to set out job-growth strategy and stimulate economic growth.
    His plan will focus on construction workers to get back to the work places by building roads and bridges and call for someone in congress to support him.
    I think whatever the way people use to stimulate the economic and give people a better life is a correct behavior.
    In china people always say, no matter the black cat or the white cat, it is a good cat which can catch the mouse.
    I think the way to improve our life is one of the best examples of this sentence.
    Nancy

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty Jobs Act: Obama plan eyes taxes on rich ---------Mia

Post  Nancy Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:34 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14886689
    US. President Barack Obama has urged lawmakers to pass a nearly $450 billion job creation plan combining tax cuts with government spending.
    President Obama outlined the American Jobs Act in a speech before a joint session of Congress late Thursday. He said the United States is in a national crisis and called for immediate action to revive the economy and improve people's lives.
    Mr. Obama said his proposal would cut taxes for workers and businesses and lead to new jobs for construction workers, teachers and other Americans. The bill includes initiatives to put people to work repairing and modernizing roads, railways, airports, waterways and at least 35,000 schools.
    Recent figures showed job creation at a standstill, as concerns grow over the possibility of a second recession.
    --------Mia
    tina

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-14880854

Post  tina Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:18 am

As we know,several days ago,it was the day that called 9/11.Every year on 9/11,every citizen in USA will memory them.but,how many people do you know that 9/11caused a hidden legacy? I think most of people are memorying people who are dead.However, some people survive from the 9/11,but they still live a miserable life.
    After reading the new,some of people are lost their leg,below the knees.Most of their faces blown off.Thoses people who still stand discrimination,Fortunatedly, they try their best to live a better life.
    So, in my own opinion,I think most of people should spend more time on the wounded .When they need help,you prefer to give a hang rather than laugh at them.
    tina

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-14894070

Post  tina Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:20 am

Just severals days ago,our government investigated 100 tones of oil in raids 14 provinces.However,gutter oil used in some resturants .However,in our country,it is a custom ,if you are our guests we will bring him to eat in resturant.it is our way to show our kiddness and respect.It is reported that the use of gutter oil cause cancer,so our customer maybe someday will give the guests disease.maybe our kiddness behaviour will make them in a dangerous condition.
    From this new,I can imagine other chains of food have some serious problems,Maybe it does not find out now.our country often carry out some political policy.However,I hope our country pay more attention to food industry and people’health.as it says,people care more about health problems than any other problems.,So I don't know how to protect our food rights from being harmed,I am still thinking of it.

Jenny

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty Jenny

Post  Jenny Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:49 pm

Jenny class1

http://news.xinhuanet.com/society/2011-09/12/c_122021936_2.htm

Is a 11 years old undergraduate succeed?
    According to normal,a 11years old child should study in primary school.However,Xu Hengrui was admitted to RENMIN UNIVERSITY OF CHINA in his 11 years old.Most of the people said that he is a quiz kid. Before the university he had his own education team and his father paid for the team.It was more than 1million a year.
    Is he succeed?I don't think so.It must be quite difficult for him to integrate into the college life totally.The university environment is complex.This is bad for his growth.And what will happen after 4 years' study?Find a job in his 15 years old?He will still be a child labour then.His childhood may not like other children's.
    Jenny

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty Jenny

Post  Jenny Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:38 pm

Jenny class1

http://www.kekenet.com/broadcast/201109/153974.shtml

Disabled surfers ride the waves
    It was in his thirties that Dana first learned to go surfing. That is older than other surfers.However,even more amazing is that Dana lost one leg in a car accident when he first try to go surfing. Now, nine years later, he helps other disabled people learn how to ride the waves.
    Dana says the crash changed him more than just physically.Dana : "I was just existing, not living. It took me to lose my leg to realize how precious life is and get off the couch and start living. I do more things now than I ever did before." "Most people with disabilities their whole life everybody focuses on their disability, and we want them to see what they can do. Who cares, you lost your leg, you're blind, whatever. Have fun. Just enjoy life. Take the most advantage of it you can."
    People who disabled are always considered themselves shameful, it was difficult for them to do the daily affairs that we take for granted. In fact, they have no differences from us.There is no things that you can't do ,as long as you persist,you will be able to achieve great succes.
    Rose

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14963265

Post  Rose Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:49 pm

Baby girls Rital and Ritag Gaboura, who are 11 months old, were separated on 15 August after four operations at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children.
    When I saw this news,I remember this week I saw some words when I was in class:in the ancient,people thought that twins was not auspicious,so if someone born twins,these twins shoule be killed. Crying or Very sad
    But now,twins is common as simgle baby,and in this news,the twins is so lucky ,the operation is successful,I hope they can grow up healthily. Very Happy
    Mr. Tye
    Mr. Tye
    Admin

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty CINDY CLASS 1 BACKUP

Post  Mr. Tye Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:41 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-14744216

Madonna’ film W.E. is about the divorce of Wallis Simpson and Edward VIII, and the film have received a lot attention and comments.
    The daily telegraph think it was better than they expected and not for fun.
    But the Guardian thinks it is a silly work, the Screen Daily think highly of it, regards it as a “beautifully staged film”. Some people think it is very common to receive such more attention when you become a celebrity. Madonna also said that her ex-husband gave her some encourages.
    At first, she is worried about the pre-empted of the King’speech, but she think it will attract people. And she thinks it is a successful film.
    Mr. Tye
    Mr. Tye
    Admin

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty WENDY BACKUP

Post  Mr. Tye Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:42 am

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2011-09/01/content_13600171.htm

China's Education Ministry reafirmed its stance that public schools are not allowed to exact extra fees from the children of migrant workers.Before this,some public schools still charge migrant children extra fees,and their parents are worried about their children's education as they cannot afford the tuition.
    From now on,schools will not charge migrant children extra fees which has great help to all migrant workers.
    Besides this, the ministry also posted a notice ordering all schools to ensure one-hour of physical exercise for students each day.But some schools want their students to gain better grade and cancel exercise which leads the health of young students has been deteriorating over the past three decades.
    From my view of point,children's health and future are so significant for a country,so we should help them happier and healthier,not control them here and there.
    Mr. Tye
    Mr. Tye
    Admin

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty CARINA CLASS1 BACKUP

Post  Mr. Tye Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:44 am

http://www.kekenet.com/broadcast/201109/152351.shtml
    On september 3 an article from voa special English.The news is about Hurricane Irene hits northeastern Uninted States.
    It is reported that this hurrican is the worst flooding in almost one hudred years.The hurrican seriously struck the coast of north carolina with winds of up to one hundred twenty kilometers an hour last saturday.It leaded to hundreds of thousands of people were told to leave their home.At the same time,hurricane caused high winds and flooding brought down electrical lines ,causing about four million people to lose power.what's worst,it is estimitated that total damage about seven billions dollors.AT Present,the local government was trying their to help people to recover normal life.
    As we all know,recently several years,more and more natural disaster takes place in everywhere world.Why does natural disater attract hunman being frequently? There is no doubt that our deeds break the natural balance.So now we must clear the idea protecting nature is protect ourselves.
    Tammy

Week 1/2 Assignments Empty Accessible wilderness in Alaska’s largest city

Post  Tammy Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:20 pm

Anchorage, the most populous and urban city in Alaska, is mostly made up of wilderness, with plenty of easy ways to reach nature in the raw and opportunities to test the survival skills of its visitors.
    This news reported that travel in Alaska's largest city ----Anchorage.It introduced the city's environment ,culture ,and animals .If you gi to this city you can hike ,drive ,walk .There are many animals ,swan , black bears ,and whales .The resort’s gondola to a luxury restaurant operates in summer as well -- a good, and safe, place to look for black bears.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:12 am